Welcome to Kilfennan Presbyterian Church
We are a congregation that believe that our purpose here on earth is to bring glory to God the Father. We are called by Christ to the making of disciples who will grow in their faith in Him and who will live out that faith in the whole of life. It is our hope and prayer that all visitors to our congregation will find themselves embraced by the love of God and by the love of His people.
We thank God Sunday worship will begin again in the church building on Sunday 2nd August. There will be certain restrictions in place in accordance with directives from the Chief Medical Officer and the Presbyterian Church in Ireland. These are :
Until further notice the only church activity shall be Sunday Morning Worship each week at 11.30am.
Services will proceed with the following restrictions in place :
- No one with Covid 19 symptoms should attend church activities.
- Only the front car park and front access to the building will be in use.
- A record of attendance will be maintained for test and trace purpose only if required.
- Only the main church area, entrance/exit foyers, Minor Hall and Sports Hall (for any overflow) shall be open.
- The toilets near the Sports Hall will be open to be used on a 1 in 1 out basis. Please observe the notices provided including wiping surfaces after use.
- Hand sanitation facilities will be provided on entry/exit of building and at toilets.
- No tea and coffee served before or after the service.
- The Minister’s room and facilities are only available for the visiting minister.
- We ask for speedy and safe arrival and departure from Church. Fill seats from the front of Church/halls and leave from the the back first, maintaining social distancing.
- Seating will be arranged to maintain a 2 metre social distance except for members of the same household. Service will be relayed to minor hall and sports hall if required.
- Stewards will welcome and guide you to seating, but no handshakes.
- Offering plates will not be passed around but placed in the entrance/exit foyers to receive offerings on leaving church.
- No hymn books, Bibles or announcement sheets will be handed out; we encourage you to bring your own Bible. Words for congregational singing will be on screens.
- While congregational singing is not prohibited please sing quietly and reflectively.
- Services will be shorter than usual.
- Children are encouraged to attend with their parents. There will be no creche or children’s church so parents please bring appropriate materials to keep children occupied.
- A thorough clean of the church will be done weekly by our Caretaker.